Bronchodilators Market Overview
Bronchodilators Market is Projected to Boost Market Growth at a Healthy CAGR of 5.3% Bronchodilators are medications that make breathing easier by opening the airways of the lung by relaxing bronchial muscles. They are used to treat various respiratory problems such as asthma, COPD, and other allergic reactions that cause breathing problems.
The growth of the global Bronchodilators Market is driven by various factors such as increase in prevalence of pulmonary disorders, increasing geriatric population and increasing mergers and acquisitions by prominent players in the market. However, side effects associated with bronchodilators and government regulations related to the safety & efficacy of the bronchodilators are projected to hamper the growth of the global bronchodilators market.
The global bronchodilators market is currently dominated by several market players. The key players are involved in product launches and strategic collaborations to strengthen their market positions. For instance, in April 2019, Cipla Technologies entered into agreement with Pulmatrix Inc. to co-develop a formulation for the treatment of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) in patients with asthma.
Bronchodilators Market Segmentation
- The global bronchodilators market has been segmented based on drug type, disease, mode of action, and route of administration.
- The market, based on drug type, has been divided into adrenergic drugs, anticholinergics, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, and combination drugs.
- The adrenergic segment is likely to be the largest during the review period as they are the most potent bronchodilators approved for clinical use in asthma and obstructive lung disease. The combination drugs segment is predicted to be the fastest-growing segment. These combination drugs are used if COPD and asthma are not controlled with monotherapy. These combinations involving two long-acting bronchodilators with differing modes of action.
- The global bronchodilators market has been segmented, on the basis of disease, into asthma, COPD, and others. The asthma segment is expected to hold the majority share of the market, owing to the rise in patients affected with asthma. The COPD segment is expected to be the fastest-growing as bronchodilators are primary treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) as they help to alleviate bronchial obstruction and airflow limitation.
- In terms of mode of action, the global bronchodilators market has been segmented into short-acting bronchodilators and long-acting bronchodilators. Short-acting bronchodilators are expected to be the largest segment, owing to its ability to provide quick relief from sudden, unexpected attacks of breathlessness.
- The route of administration of the market is oral and parenteral. The oral route of administration segment is expected to hold the largest share of the market due to the advantages such as ease and simplicity of administration along with control of delivered dose
Bronchodilators Market Regional Analysis
The market has been divided, by region, into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. The Americas are expected to be the largest market owing to the rising per capita healthcare expenditure. The bronchodilators market in the Americas has further been branched into North America and Latin America, with the North American market divided into the US and Canada. The European bronchodilators market has been categorized as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The Western European market has further been classified as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Western Europe. The bronchodilators market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. Due to the increasing prevalence of respiratory disorders and the increasing pool of patient population, the market in Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing. The bronchodilators market in the Middle East & Africa has been divided into the Middle East and Africa.
Bronchodilators Market Players
- GlaxoSmithKline (UK)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Merck & Co. Inc. (US)
- Abbott Laboratories (US)
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany)
- AstraZeneca plc (UK)
- Hoffmann LA-Roche AG (Switzerland)
- Teva Pharmaceutical (Israel)
- Pfizer Inc. (US)
Browse Detailed TOC with COVID-19 Impact Analysis at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/bronchodilators-market-8453
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), & Consulting Services. MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor,
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071