The global disposable medical gloves market size was USD 14.17 billion in 2021. The market is expected to grow from USD 15.06 billion in 2022 to USD 21.28 billion by 2029, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period. Growing awareness regarding health and hygiene, rising demand for examination gloves, and mass vaccinations may foster industry progress. Fortune Business Insights™ presents this information in its report titled “Disposable Medical Gloves Market, 2022-2029.”
Disposable medical gloves prevent infection transmission and are used extensively during surgeries. The growing awareness regarding health and hygiene is expected to boost the demand for gloves. Furthermore, increasing surgical procedures are expected to increase the adoption of the product. Moreover, the rising focus on acquisitions and novel product launches may fuel the disposable medical gloves industry. For example, Mölnlycke announced its Biogel PI UltraTouch S surgical glove in January 2020. Additionally, the strong demand for examination gloves and mass vaccinations may foster industry growth.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
Key Takeaways :
- Conmed Corporation reported a decline of 19.1%, whereas Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. reported a decline of 12.2% of its orthopedic segment in 2020 as compared to 2019.
- According to the American Medical Association, in October 2020, there was a 27.0% decline in the number of surgeries performed in Wake Forest Baptist Health hospital in the U.S.
- There is a gradual increase in the prevalence of disorders including osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and among others.
- According to Orthopedic & Neurosurgical Care & Research, approximately 1 million knee and hip replacement surgeries were performed in 2020 in the U.S., and it is projected to reach 3.5 million by 2030.
- By technology, the battery powered device segment is leading the market.
Drivers and Restraints
Strong Awareness Regarding Safety and Hygiene from Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) to Foster Industry Growth
The rising awareness among the population regarding the product's benefits is expected to fuel industry development. Rising healthcare expenditure from several countries is expected to boost the adoption of the product. Furthermore, the rising adoption of disposable medical gloves from the population is expected to increase sales. As per the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), in 2020, hospitals in Mexico reached 4,909 compared to 4,707 in 2019. In addition, the prevalence of robust healthcare infrastructure in developed countries may foster the disposable medical gloves market growth.
However, allergies associated with several glove types may hinder the market’s progress in the coming years.
Click here to get the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on this market.
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]