Without a question, Epson Printer is one of the most dependable printer brands available worldwide. Epson is the printer brand that can offer you the greatest options if you want to buy a printer but are on a limited budget. Your Epson printers may occasionally experience difficulties, but as long as you can fix them, it won't be a problem. You can also get fast support from Epson Support by calling them, and they can fix your printer. This blog post will discuss one such Epson printer fault, known as Epson Error Code 0x9a. While there are several potential causes for the problem, printer cartridge issues are the most common one. You should read this article if you are having Epson Error Code 0x9A issues so that your printer can resume functioning normally.
What Causes For Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A?
As previously stated, a problem with the printer cartridge is the primary cause of Epson Error Code 0x9A. But there are other factors that could result in this inaccuracy as well. Other reasons of Epson Error 0x9a include misplaced encoder strips, damaged rails, and paper trays that are blocked by foreign objects or pieces of paper. Rarely, the error may also be brought on by mechanical flaws such a broken printhead, carriage driver motor, or printer belt or gear. You have no choice but to enlist the assistance of Epson Support experts in such circumstances. However, we advise you to first attempt the techniques listed below to fix Epson Error code 0x9A on your own.
Methods for Fixing Epson Error Code 0x9A
You may start working on fixing Epson Error Code 0x9A now that you are aware of its specific nature and potential causes. You can also hire one of our printer professionals and have them fix your printer for you if you need it fixed right away and are in a rush. Otherwise, you can fix Epson Error Code 0x9A on your own by following the instructions below.
Step 1: Cleaning the printer.
- You must first cancel every print job in your computer's queue.
- Open the top lid of your Epson printer after cancelling the printing jobs.
- Examine the inside of your printer carefully and remove any dust, debris, pieces of paper, paper pins, staple pins, or other objects.
- Once the dirt has been removed, turn on your printer and try printing something after pressing the Start button.
- Follow the next steps until your problem is resolved if Epson error code 0x9A is still displayed on your printer.
- After turning it off using the Power button, open the scanner unit.
- If any paper is stuck, jammed, or ripped, remove it.
- Now close the scanner unit and press the power button on the printer to turn it on.
- Fill the printer with fresh papers. Follow the paper loading directions on your screen if you don't know how to do it.
- Print a test page to see if your problem has been fixed. Follow the next step if the printer is still displaying Epson Error Code 0x9A.
Step 2: Check whether the Carriage Is Moving or Not
To inspect the carriage, you must remove the top cover from your Epson printer. If it is moving automatically, simply shut the lid and proceed to the next step. However, you must first attempt moving it manually if it isn't moving. If it doesn't work, try blowing some compressed air into the printer's compartment to clear off the dust. Close the cover and turn on the printer after cleaning the carriage of any debris. To see if the Epson Error Code 0x9A still persists, try printing a test page.
Step 3: Examine and clean the encoder strip.
Epson Error Code 0x9A can also be brought on by filthy encoder strips. The printer carriage has a plastic strip inside that helps read its speed and position. Your Epson printer may occasionally experience problems that can be resolved by cleaning the encoder strip when they occur. The encoder strip on your Epson printer can be cleaned on your own using the instructions below.
- You must first turn off your printer before opening the top cover.
- A cotton cloth should be soaked in with ink cleaning solution.
- By shifting it to the left, carefully clean the encoder strip with the cotton towel.
- Wipe out all of the remaining ink from the strip, but do not touch the printhead-covered areas.
- When cleaning the encoder strip, exercise caution to prevent solution from entering the printer. As soon as possible, use a dry towel to clean any solution that may have fallen into the printer.
One more thing: avoid pulling or rubbing the encoder strip roughly as this could harm your printer permanently.
Step 4: Reset the Epson printer you're using.
This is the last thing you may do if none of the techniques listed above work to fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A. Many difficult printer difficulties and problems were resolved after the printer was reset. However, you must contact Epson Support right away if you are still unable to use your printer without experiencing any errors.
- Your printer must first be turned off and disconnected from the primary power source.
- Leaving your printer off for at least five minutes is recommended.
- To remove the printer's remaining power, you must push the power button for a minute. Release the button only when your printer has been completely turned off.
- Once you're finished, plug your printer back in and hit the power button to restart it.
- You will notice the words "FW Update Mode" on your screen when your printer turns on.
- The Firmware option can be found after choosing Update Devices.
- To begin the update, click the Update button right now.
- Click Finished after the update is finished.
- To turn off your printer, click OK now.
- Check to see if the Epson Error code 0x9A still occurs by returning to the main menu and attempting to print a test page.
If the error persists on your printer, you should get assistance from Epson Printer Support since it may be a major problem that needs to be resolved right away.
References: Fix Epson Error Code 0x9a