If you’re looking to make a career as a web creator, it’s expected to be confused about the web designer vs web developer dispute. Which of the two career options would be right for you? Here’s a quick guide to help you decide between a career as a web designer and a web developer.
Web designers make a website’s appearance and feel, and web developers complete the code to make it work. Website designers and developers frequently work together, but their job roles differ.
Who is a web designer?
A web designer is an individual that makes a website looks good. The primary responsibility of Web Designers is to concentrate on the style and overall feel of the website using different software like Photoshop, Corel Draw, etc., to make the website more appealing.
Who is a web developer?
Skills Required for Web Designer
Web designers require solid skill sets depending on their functions and speciality. But, in general, web designers require the following skills to be successful:
- Fundamental knowledge of web design principles and web accessibility norms
- CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)
- Comprehending responsive and interactive design fundamentals
- Command in wireframing, prototyping
- Capability to design tools and software
- Acquaintance with branding, color theory, and typography
- Powerful Communication and Collaboration skills
Skills Required by Web Developers
Web developers also need technical and non-technical skillsets like solid communication and collaboration skills, problem-solving, and analytical thinking abilities to succeed in their field. Some of the technical skills that a web developer requires:
- Details of back ends and databases
- Testing and debugging skills
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems like WordPress
Difference Between a Web Designer and Web Developer
Both web designers and web developers play an essential role in website development and maintenance. However, the key differences between the two parts are:
- While web designers concentrate on the creative aspects, like the appearance and usability of websites, web developers are more technical and focus on functionality and structure.
- Web designers transform ideas into visually appealing designs, while web developers remake designs into fully functional websites.
A web designer can become a web developer as much as a web developer can select to be a designer. Both career options will need the aspirant to possess sufficient knowledge and functional aptitude regarding the other domain. Both fields are somehow interconnected, so you can choose to become both after gaining complete knowledge in both aspects. Learn web design and web development in Kolkata from MAAC Girish Park and get a chance to set your career with brighter scope.