Today’s post explains how to plan and order your first business sign system in Carrollton, TX. Read on or call (972)-428-3200 to speak directly with a sign shop near you and begin your order.
Ask A Sign Shop Near Me: What Signs Do I Need For My Business?
In many cases, business sign design is more art than science, often lacking clearly-defined rules, and that is especially true when ordering multiple signs at once. Since no two businesses are exactly alike, there is no universal “right way” to design a business sign system.
Consequently, modern sign systems can range “from simple to complex,” states the International Sign Association, “with costs ranging from a few hundred dollars well into the thousands.”
On the one hand, that’s a good thing, because as long as you’re mindful of local sign codes and design best practices, you’re really only limited by your imagination and your budget. And it also means your sign system doesn’t have to come with a big price tag.
On the other hand, all those options can be overwhelming, paralyzing your sign project as you face the paradox of choice.
Don’t worry—we’re here to help! Read on for some quick tips to get you started on your first business sign system, or call (972)-428-3200 to start a free consultation with a sign shop near you in Carrollton, TX.
Ask A Sign Shop Near Me: How Do I Plan A Business Sign System?
Before you begin your order, you’ll need to determine:
- Your target audience—Knowing your audience is key for determining suitable sign copy and advertising styles.
- The speed, location and viewing conditions of your target audience—For example, are you advertising to highway drivers, or in-store audiences? Will your sign be viewed at night, where illumination makes all the difference? Do your signs need to be seen over the heads of crowds?
- Suitable sign sites—Are you looking for building-mounted signs or freestanding options?
- Sign code requirements—Certain sign types may be restricted in your city, and you should know which signs require permits ahead of time so you can plan accordingly.
Once you’ve defined your target audience, reviewed local sign code, and scouted out some good spots for your signs, it’s time to give us a call. If possible, get in touch with our team—we’ll guide you and create a custom shortlist of recommendations based on your unique needs, budget, and suitable sign sites.
Regardless of the number of style of signs you choose, you’ll also need to make sure that they fulfill the four functions of signage, which include:
- Building brand awareness—In “Signage as Marketing Communication,” a seminal study by the Interdisciplinary Journal of SIgnage and Wayfinding, authors Kellaris & Machleit (2016) noted how signage serves as the basis for most brand impressions, influencing “thin-slice” judgements made about your business at-a-glance. If an authoritative brand image is your end-goal, conspicuous, high-quality signage is key.
- Enticing customers to visit your store—According to the BrandSpark / Better Homes and Gardens’ American Shopper Study, as many as 35.8% of consumers have been drawn into unfamiliar stores by quality signage. This is one of the primary functions of your large outdoor signs.
- Wayfinding—More than 60% of consumers have driven past businesses they intended to visit, according to the American Shopper Study. Dedicated wayfinding signage, and dual-function wayfinding/promotional signs, such as pylon signsand channel lettering, prevent these costly oversights from happening.
- Boosting impulse purchases in-store—According to The Economic Value of On-Premise Signage, businesses report an average sales increase of 10% when a new sign is added. Once you’ve drawn customers into your store, your in-store signage should entice them to buy.
Some businesses find a way to do it all with 1-2 simple signs; others go all-out with high-powered, high-tech, multi-part sign systems. Once again, there’s no one right answer—although there is a “right” for you, and we can help you find it.
If you need help assessing whether your sign system fulfills these four critical functions, just get in touch with our team for a free consultation.
Book A Free Consultation With A Sign Shop Near Me In Carrollton, TX
Call (972)-428-3200 or request a consultation via the SignCraft and Graphics website to get a free quote on any custom business sign system.
ISA. (2021). Buying a sign. International Sign Association.
Sign Research Foundation. (2012). Economic value of on-premise signage. Sign Research Foundation.
Kellaris, J. (2012). Further evidence from the BrandSpark / Better Homes and Gardens American Shopper Study: A longitudinal update and extension. Lindner College of Business.