The global fertilizer additives market size is projected to reach USD 4.01 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Decreasing per capita arable land and rising population density has resulted in increased demand for fertilizers in the agriculture sector, which in turn has boosted the growth.
The growing fertilizers industry and limited availability of farmland are the key drivers for the global market. However, harmful effects of fertilizers on environment along with lack of awareness & availability of the product in underdeveloped economies is expected to have a negative impact on the industry.
The Asia Pacific was the largest fertilizer additive market in 2018 and accounted for 53.1% of the volume share. The robust growth of the agriculture sector in this region is one of the main factor driving the industry. In countries like India and China, the population explosion has significantly impacted the agriculture sector.
China is one of the developed countries in the Asia Pacific region with a constantly growing agricultural sector and advancements in terms of innovations and new technology development. Due to the population explosion, the amount of arable land in China has reduced severely over the past two decades. This factor has increased the demand for fertilizers, resulting in the growth of the additives market.
Fertilizer Additive Market Report Highlights
• Urea end-product accounted for the largest share of 52.5%, in terms of volume, in 2018 due to the availability of the highest nitrogen content as compared to other soluble fertilizers
• The anti-caking function dominated the industry with a share of 36.5% in 2018 owing to the fact that it helps in maintaining the fertilizer quality by preventing formation of flakes and cakes
• North America accounted for 14.1% of the global fertilizer additive market, in terms of revenue, in 2018 owing to government initiatives to promote the agricultural sector by providing subsidies on the purchase of fertilizers
• Brazil leads the regional market in Central & South America with agriculture GDP contributing 23.5% in its total economy
• Some of the key industry participants are KAO Corporation, Clariant, Novochem Group, Solvay, Forbon Technology, Filtra Catalysts & Chemicals Ltd, ChemSol LLC, and Michelman
Fertilizer Industry Size was valued at USD 201.3 Million Tons in 2021 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 1.2% during 2022 to 2030.
Fertilizer Additive Market Segmentation
Grand View Research, Inc. has segmented the fertilizer additive market on the basis of function, end-product and region.
Fertilizer Additives Function Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
• Corrosion Inhibitors
• Hydrophobic Agents
• Anti-dusting Agents
• Anti-caking Agent
• Slow Release Coatings
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Ammonium Phosphate
Fertilizer Additives End-product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
• Ammonium Nitrate
• Ammonium Phosphate
• Ammonium Sulphate
Fertilizer Additives Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players in Fertilizer Additives Market
• KAO Corporation
• Novochem Group
• Filtra Catalysts & Chemicals Ltd
Request free sample copy of Fertilizer Industry Data Book @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/sector-report/fertilizer-industry-data-book/request/rs1