If you've just had your car repaired following an accident, you may be very eager to drive it again. But it's important to inspect the work that was done so that you can spot any issues before they become significant problems. This guide on inspecting your car after smash repairs Thomastown will help you spot any potential issues so that they can be addressed right away, reducing your chances of getting stranded on the side of the road or having to pay out more cash later to fix things properly.
Not all shops are the same.
When your car has been in an accident, you want to be sure that it's repaired properly. That's why it's important to know what to look for when inspecting your car after smash repairs Thomastown. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure all the panels are lined up correctly. If they're not, it could affect the way your car drives.
- Check for any mismatched paint or other signs that the repair job was rushed.
- Make sure all the lights and electronics are working properly.
- Test drive the car to see if there are any new strange noises or vibrations.
- Bring the car back to the shop if you have any concerns about the quality of the repairs.
Get your car inspected.
If you've been in a car accident, the first thing you should do is get your car inspected by a professional. Smash repairs can be very expensive, so it's important to make sure that everything is done correctly.
Here are seven things you should look for when inspecting your car after smash repairs:
- Make sure all the panels are lined up correctly.
- Check that the paint job is even and there are no drips or runs.
- Inspect all the glass to make sure it's free of cracks or chips.
- Ensure that all the lights are working properly.
- Test the horn to make sure it's loud enough to be heard in traffic.
An inspection checklist
Once your car has been repaired, it's important to inspect it thoroughly to ensure that the job has been done properly. Here's a quick checklist of things to look for:
-Check for any new scratches or dents.
-Make sure that all panels are properly aligned.
-Look for any gaps between panels.
-Check that all lights and mirrors are in working order.
-Test all doors and windows to make sure they open and close properly.
-Look under the hood and check fluid levels, hoses, and belts.
-Take the car for a test drive and listen for any unusual noises.
Do not sign until you are 100% happy.
Once you've signed off on the smash repairs Thomastown, you essentially agree that they have completed the work to your satisfaction. If you're not happy with the repairs, make sure to voice your concerns and ask for changes to be made. It's important to inspect your car carefully before signing off on the repairs. Here are a few things to look for:
-Are all the panels aligned correctly?
-Do all the doors open and close properly?
-Is all the glass intact and free of cracks or chips?
-Do all the lights work?
-Is the paint job even and free of runs or drips?
If you're not satisfied with the repair work, don't be afraid to speak up.