Have you ever printed a document on your HP printer when the "HP printer is offline" pop-up message appeared on your screen? We know things are a little awkward right now. They try multiple times to get it working again, but without success. This is a common problem affecting printers. It's not difficult, but HP Printer Offline Fix can be a bit tricky. The troubleshooting techniques described in this blog can help you resolve the issue quickly. You will also learn about the causes of printer offline issues.
Why is my HP printer offline
Some internal error or malfunction is causing the HP Printer is Offline. I mentioned these issues in the following points:
- An outdated printer driver set may be the culprit.
- If the connection between the computer and the printer does not go well.
- This is due to incorrect Windows settings.
- When you remove the system default HP printer.
- Wrong printer configuration
- If the HP printer is not selected as default. Antivirus software is blocking the printer connection.
- A printer and a computer to access the Internet or his WLAN.
The above reasons are the main reasons why you cannot print from your HP printer and it is offline. Use the troubleshooting techniques in the next section to help resolve your issue.
HP Printer Offline Problem Solution
If your HP printer won't come online, you can try the fixes presented in this section.Finding the root cause is the most difficult aspect. Fixing printer offline issues is not difficult. The printer may be out of order for the above reasons. So, try all the solutions to isolate your HP printer's problem. Let's get started.
Solution 1: Check your network connection
This is the first step in the offline fix method for HP printers. Always check the network connection when your HP printer is offline. When looking for the occasional main clause, the problem is always the internet. Therefore, it is important to ensure that your wireless network or internet connection is securely connected to your printer. Follow these steps to check your connection:
- Look at the USB connection cable that connects your computer and printer.
- Check your HP printer's power cord. Make sure both your computer and wireless printer are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Look for loose computer and printer cables.
Solution 2: Run the HP Print & Scan Doctor
If your network is working and your connections are set up correctly, but you are still having problems with your HP printer offline, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility. It was created primarily to identify offline issues. Stick to the measures to solve the problem effectively.
- First, download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. After downloading the file, go to the save location and run HPPSdr.exe in administrator mode.
- Click Run to install the Print and Scan Doctor application.
- Then click Yes to confirm that you trust the file source.
- For this step, click Start and select the printer that is showing the HP printer offline error.
- If you don't see your printer in the list, restart the printer and select Retry in the Print & Scan Doctor. The program will check for connection problems.
- Follow the prompts and select Yes when prompted to enable printer updates.
- If you want to set this HP printer as your default printer, continue following the instructions and select Yes.
Solution 3: Manually set your default printer
You can manually set your printer as the default printer. It can be used to solve offline issues for HP printers. When I run the print document command, it shows something similar to the default document and starts printing. Therefore, to reset the printer to default settings, you should perform the following actions:
- First, access your device using the search box or Cortana.
- Then select the Printers & Scanners option. Make sure the Let Windows manage my default printer check box is cleared. If the box is already checked, click it.
- Then select your printer from the list.
- If your printer is listed multiple times, choose the version that indicates Online or Idle.
- Then select Set as Default from the Manage menu.
Solution 4: Disable offline printing mode
You may intentionally or accidentally enable offline mode on your HP printer and experience printer offline issues. Therefore, to resolve printer issues, turn off the printer's offline mode by performing the following actions:
- Go to Windows Start, type Printers & scanners, and click it.
- Then select your HP printer.
- Then use the HP printer's right-click menu and select See what's printing.
- Then select the Printer tab and clear the Use Printer Offline check box. Then leave the box.
- Finally, restart your computer and your printer should be online.