When should a Sexologist be consulted?
A Sexologist can be consulted in the following situations:
- Complications in sex life such as feeling unskilled, abnormal sexual behavior, and difficulty getting closer, reduced desires, etc.
- Educating the patient about the functioning of the human body during intercourse.
- A Sexologist can help individuals understand how to sensate the focus and increase their satisfaction.
Sex Problems Treatment in Mumbai
What conditions can be treated by a Sexologist?
Following are few of the medical condition related to sex
- Absence or delay in orgasm
- Lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
- Erectile dysfunction [impotence]
- Men who are not happy with the size of the penis
- Pain and discomfort during or after sex or intercourse
- Arousal disorders
- Premature ejaculation
Do Sexologists perform surgery?
Sexologists cannot perform surgeries. Sexologists are specialized in diagnosing and treating male & female sexual problems through medications, counseling, and by suggesting lifestyle modifications. They also provide sex counseling and sex therapy.
How often should I visit a Sexologist?
Based on the health condition of sexual organs and sexual activity, one should visit a Sexologist on a yearly basis. It is recommended to visit or consult a Sexologist once in a year.
Can Sexologists treat arousal disorders?
Yes, Sexologists can treat arousal disorders. Depending upon the cause of the arousal disorder Sexologists provide treatment that includes medications, hormonal therapy, or a combination of both.
What are the causes of erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a type of sexual dysfunction caused by the inability to maintain or develop penis erection during sexual activity. Few of the factors that cause erectile dysfunction:
- Vascular supply
- Neurological disorders
- Psychological state - depression, stress, anxiety