One of the most annoying things about QuickBooks is when you encounter an error. However, QuickBooks is the best accounting software but it also has its flaws. Many times, you can face some errors while updating QuickBooks also and one of the update errors is QuickBooks Update error 15242. Today, in this writ-up we are discussing about this error. As you came across this error you can have problems likes your system gets freeze in between while working, it can be due to error 15242.
Read Also: Error h202 in QuickBooks
When encountered, a message appears:
Error 15242: The QuickBooks FCS Service is damaged, so the payroll update could not be completed successfully.
You can contact our expert technical support team for assistance if you have any query and other problems related to QuickBooks. Our team is readily available to resolve your problems.
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 15242:
Solution 1: Check the Payroll Subscription.
Check that if your payroll subscription is active or inactive. This can trigger QuickBooks Update error 15242 if it is inactive. To activate follow these steps.
- You need to Run QuickBooks as Administrator.
- Go to the Employees tab and click on My Payroll Services and select Account/Billing Information.
- You will see Payroll Account Maintenance On that page check if the payroll subscription is Active or not.
- If it is not active the inactivate it and follow the same procedure.
Solution 2: Configure the File Copy Service
If you FCS is disabled it can also trigger QuickBooks Update Error 15242. Follow the steps given below to enable the FCS.
- Press the Window + R keys simultaneously to open the Run Window.
- Type command MSC and press the Enter key.
- The Computer Management Window will open up and click Services and Application in that Window.
- Now double-click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS and click on Startup Type.
- Choose the option Manual and click Apply and the OK.
As we end up this blog, we believe that these steps will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Update Error 15242 and your software will run smoothly without freezing again and again. In case of any problem arising while implementing these steps we highly recommend you to seek expert guidance. You can contact our QuickBooks tech support at +1-844-405-0907 to reach out to our expert support team and our team will immediately assist you in resolving this issue.